Kings Tulare Area Agency on Aging Image

Get Involved

There are several opportunities for you to share your time or donate to a wonderful cause.


Volunteer Medicare Counselors:

HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program) needs volunteers who are willing to become State registered HICAP counselors. Counselors help people with Medicare, or imminent to Medicare, answer questions or resolve problems dealing with health insurance, prescription drug resources, long term care insurance, and rights and protections. We are currently looking for counselors to help seniors, caregivers, and adults with disabilities in Tulare and Kings Counties.

For an application, or more information, Please click HERE or call our office at 559-713-2875 or 1-800-434-0222, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Friday.



Stockings for Senior Citizens shows a senior that someone cares!

With the assistance of kind and considerate Tulare County employees and community members, Stockings for Senior Citizens hopes to bring some joy to more than 600 isolated and home-bound senior citizens in Tulare County by giving them stockings stuffed with seasonal and bath items. K/T AAA, CSET Senior Services, Tulare County Adult Protective Services, and Public Guardian are partnering together to provide this event.

Volunteers are needed to sort  donated items and to assemble stockings.You can also help by donating new or unused cold-weather items (slippers, socks, gloves, scarves, lap blankets, etc.) and any sample size bath items (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, lotion, soap, etc.); drop off your donations at select Tulare County office buildings November through December 1st.  

If you prefer, you can donate financially through Friends of Tulare County and writing "Stockings for Senior Citizens" on the memo line of your check.. Please mail your check to Attn: Friends of Tulare County, 5957 S Mooney Blvd., Visalia, CA 93277.

For more information, or to find a donation location near you, contact K/T AAA at 559-713-2875 or 559-624-8000.


Advisory Council

If you'd like to have a say about the programs and services that are available to seniors in Kings or Tulare County, you might like to join the K/T AAA Advisory Council. Seats are available to represent Kings or Tulare County. For more information, please call 559-624-8000.

Friends of Tulare County - Financial Donations

Friends of Tulare County (FTC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the safety, health, and well-being of all residents of Tulare County.

FTC strives to assist underrepresented populations of all ethnicities and cultures through donations, charitable giving, and grant funding. Your tax-deductible donation helps support your community.

FTC accepts donations on behalf of Tulare County to support programs that provide financial support for foster children, youth, and the elderly as well as shelter and food for unwanted and abandoned animals. Your donation also helps with gang and suicide prevention programs as well as emergency service education, Search and Rescue, the Sheriff's K-9 Unit, and the Tulare County Peace Officer's Memorial.

For more information on Friends of Tulare County and how to donate you can click  HERE or call (559) 624-8000 or send an email to


Contact Us